It’s hard to believe that the blog I started and forgot about and started up again would reach 5,000 views in 2 1/2 short months. It’s even harder to believe that on Sunday I posted about reaching 5,000 views and today, only 3 days later, I am closing in on 6,000 views. I may just be posting recipes, reviews and link ups but I feel like I am a part of something bigger and I’m excited to dive deeper into the world of blogging!
I was super excited when I saw that one of my friends from college and blogger buddy Jenn was nominated for an award, The Liebster Award. She impresses me everyday with how advanced she is in the blogging world and how far her little blog has come! I admit that I email her freaking out from time to time because I can’t figure out how to do something. Thanks doll! As I scrolled down her post I saw she also nominated ME for the same award. Seriously this girl rocks. I’m always looking for an opportunity to meet new bloggers and get to know more about the girls whose blogs I follow!
how it works
1. link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. answer the 11 questions that the nominator asked you
3. list 11 facts about yourself
4. nominate 5 blogs with under 3,000 followers
5. ask 11 questions for your nominees to answer
1. Why did you start blogging?
I initially started my blog when I moved from a small country town to Baltimore. It was two days after I graduated college and I was about to start a new chapter in my life. I honestly was super lonely, a little scared and wanted to remember everything about this new time in my life. Annndddd I knew my family and friends would want to know what was going on so instead of sending 75 texts I just directed them to the blog! Now it has turned into a 5 days a week, networking and creative outlet that I love.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
If I could get on a plane tomorrow it would be heading to Africa. My grandmother and I shared a passion for elephants and I NEED to see one in person. My dream is to visit an Elephant Sanctuary and have the ability to touch and interact with an elephant.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Since moving to the city it is without a doubt, slow drivers. I understand that not everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere but I usually am and if that extra couple of feet in front of you means I can get through the light before it turns red, you better scoot up.
4. What is your favorite tv show?
On TV- The Walking Dead (Season 2 was my favorite but this season is crazy intense so far!)
On Netflix- Scandal Season 2 (obsessed!!)
5. What is your biggest fear?
Mother Nature scares me to death. I hate the thought of tornadoes, hurricanes, even lightning.
6. What is your favorite hobby?
I love repurposing jewelry. I usually find old costume and antique jewelry at antique stores and thrift shops. I clean them up and repurpose them into new pieces to sell or to keep. I love taking something old that was once loved and worn and giving it new life.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I will be 28. It’s funny- when I was growing up I thought 28 sounded so old! I KNEW I would be married and have at least 2 babies by then with a stable career. At this point in my life, I would love to be married or at least engaged. I’m in no rush to have babies, I just know that I want them at some point. As far as my career goes, I’m still learning everyday what I want to do and what my skill set is. I want to excel in whatever it is that I choose to do every single day.
8. What is your favorite sport? Team?
Ehhh. I loved watching and playing lacrosse when I was younger. Today it would have to be football since I am living in Baltimore. There is nothing like Sundays in the city. I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing any color other than purple.
9. What is your favorite family tradition?
Christmas is a very family oriented holiday, but the traditions that drive my love for this holiday are small ones. It really is about the small things for me especially when I don’t get to see my family as much as I would like. My parents set up 3 different trees and one is strictly for homemade ornaments, ones given to us from family and friends and any that we pick up while traveling. My brother and I are the only ones who decorate it and we always do so while listening to Celine Dion’s Christmas Album. We also each cinnamon buns with orange icing on Christmas morning before/as we open presents.
10. Do you have any pets?
An 8 pound nugget of fur named Marley is the love of my life. It literally is unhealthy how much I love him. I guess this is taste of what children will be like and it’s kinda scary. Am I going to be that mother who kisses and squishes her babies cheeks while they cry out “Moooooooommmm”? Because if Marley could talk that would be happening right now.
11. Who is your role model?
It may be cliche but my parents are. They are the ones who raised me into the person I am today. As an adult I have a better understanding of how much they have truly sacrificed so that I could have a certain life and I appreciate them more and more every day for that.
11 random facts about me
1. I dont’ realllllly like pumpkin
2. I was born with chicken pox
3. My toes are double jointed
4. I can eat Nutella on anything
5. I wish I was a ballerina so bad
6. I like anything covered in glitter
7. I cannot drink black coffee
8. I used to have a nose ring and miss it every single day
9. I have never broken a bone
10. I have been to over 20 country concerts..with my parents! They are the best concert buddies
11. I was in 4H for 10 years
1. Jordyn from The Fairy Princess Diaries
2. Lacey from Sunny & Turquoise
3. Jessica from Lovely Little Things (Also the first blog I ever read!)
4. Melissa from 53Blonde
5. Kallie from But First, Coffee
1. How did you decide the name for your blog?
2. City life or Country Life?
3. What is currently in your bag?
4. What is your favorite physical attribute?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. What is one short term goal you hope to accomplish?
7. What/where is your happy place?
8. What is your favorite condiment? (I was asked this on a job interview…whaattttt?!)
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is one bad habit you have no intention of fixing?
11. What is your uniform? (typical/favorite outfit)