In honor of the gross weather we have been having and my gross sickness here is my favorite homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (32 oz) containers of chicken broth
- 14.5 oz of vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken breast (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups of egg noodles (I ran out so I used bow tie pasta)
- 1 cup sliced carrots (baby carrots work perfectly since I don’t like carrots THAT much)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Melt butter and cook chopped onion (about 5 minutes)
- Combine chicken and vegetable broth, chicken, noodles, carrots, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then let simmer for about 15-20 minutes