What a perfect day to share my favorite soup recipe with you all. It is POURING and isn’t expected to stop until Monday at the earliest. On days like today all I want is a steaming bowl of soup and some fuzzy slippers.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make because it is SO SIMPLE. I don’t know what I would do without my crock pot. So dust yours off and enjoy!
*this recipe is for 12-15 servings. I have a 3 qt crock pot and typically use 1/2 of each ingredient listed below
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 (28 oz) cans of diced tomatoes- undrained
- 1 (16oz) can of red kidney beans
- 1 (16 oz) can of white kidney beans
- 4 cups of beef stock
- 1 (20 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp pepper
- 5 tsp parsley
- 8 oz of pasta (I use ditali)
- Brown beef- drain fat
- Add all ingredients except pasta into your crock pot
- Cook on high for 4 hours
- At the end of 4 hours, turn the crock pot to low and cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Add pasta and let cook a little longer (I usually wait another 30 minutes)
Let me know how your soup turns out!
What did you do differently that I should try?