Monday, September 23: A “life lately” post. What you’re up to, how you’re feeling, how you’re doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!
Things are crazy busy right now and I love it. I had a great weekend with lots of good music, good company and good weather (until Saturday when it poured alllll day). Here is my weekend in photos:
Shoutout to Steve for capturing some of the awesome photos in that collage
I’m excited about:
– My Mom was able to snag a Phillip Lim bag at Target for me last week and I will be picking up that beauty when I head home this coming weekend
– GOING HOME. I cannot wait to snuggle my parents and Mar!
– While I’m back in the country we will be going kayaking, bike riding, grilling out, and enjoying some outdoor time.
– Halloween! It is quickly approaching and my Halloween party has been booked at a local venue downtown. I am having a joint Halloween and Birthday Party with one of my close guy friends
I’m still working on my 2013 Bucket List, here’s what I’ve accomplished so far:
1. Run three 5K’s- Since I’m currently working up to the Baltimore Running Festival in October, I plan to register for one in November and another in December to keep the motivation going!- I am signed up for the Baltimore Running Festival 5K and the Color Run. Looking to add one more to the list!
2. Read 7 books- I read during my lunch break at work so I shouldn’t have any trouble finishing this goal.- Since I made the Bucket list post I’ve already read 5 and am working on #6 right now. Check out what I’m reading here
3. Become better organized with my finances- I’m still learning how to budget,save, and spend wisely. I feel more comfortable living on my own and managing my finances than I did a year ago but I feel like I can still learn a lot more.
4. Purchase a Michael Kors watch for myself- After joining the corporate world, a nice watch is the final touch to my ever growing business wardrobe. I have worked so hard to get where I am and this watch will be my reward.- I have picked out the watch, now I just need to get it!
5. Eat 3 clean meals a week- I eat better than I did in college but I still have a lot to learn. Working out is only half of the battle in getting healthy. Learning how to cook clean meals and give my body the nutrients it needs is important to me.
6. Complete my Christmas shopping by December 15, 2013. Each year I set a goal for myself to start working on Christmas presents early so I’m not mentally exhausted and financially exhausted by the time the gift giving rolls around. Last year I finish by 12-20, let’s see how this year goes.
7. Grow my jewelry business- create a logo and sell 10 pieces- Logo is almost complete and then the Etsy store will be back up and running!
8. Keep a plant alive for the next 4 months- Failed miserably.
9. Start doing yoga! Get to a point where I am comfortable and can do all poses within a beginner lesson.- Working on it as I type..
10. Maintain my index card project. Continue to write one thing that happened each day on an index card, plan to continue for the next 5 years!- Still haven’t missed a day!