Today’s task is to list 5 things that make me happy right this very moment. I decided to look up what the definition of happy is in an effort to come up with a complete and honest list.
adjective, hap·pi·er, hap·pi·est.
1.delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to behappy to see a person.
2.characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, orjoy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
Here is my list:
- Being home- Right this second I am enjoying waking up in my own bed, walking upstairs and making breakfast and spending some time in my house that miss when I’m gone. I love travelling, but there is something about being in your own house after you’ve been gone for a while. It just feels good to wake up and have a routine in the morning that involves my own bathroom and bedroom, not a hotel bedroom and bathroom. I love being in the city as well. I just recently found out that the corner store on my street sells snow cones. This is a HUGE deal to me since I love snow cones more than anything in the summer. In the 3 days I’ve been home, I’ve had 3 snow cones…
- Roommate time- Along with being home comes the ability to spend some time with my roommates. I miss them so much when I’m gone and love coming home to hear whats new with them and what they did while I was gone. Kelly recently bought a black lab puppy so coming home to a wriggling little puppy was GREAT. Staying up talking in the hallway and playing with Hudson has been nice this week.
- Love- Life is meaningless without love and someone to share it with. Granted I have my family and friends and they are incredible but its also nice to have that special someone to share moments, memories, and dreams with. I have an incredible man in my life who makes me smile every single day and that makes me happy.
- Plans for the rest of the year- I have to admit, the rest of 2012 is looking pretty amazing. I have so many plans in the works and some that are set in stone. We have 6 races left for the year which are Pittsburgh (I leave in two days for this race), Toronto, So Cal, Baltimore, Orlando, and Austin. I get to go to all of those amazing places and set up 6 great events. I have my brother visiting in September for a weekend, a girls day trip to NYC planned with my Mom, a trip to Boston to visit my sister Samantha, and lots of family time in between. Its incredible to know that in September alone I will be in Pennsylvania, Toronto, New York City, and Baltimore. How is that real life? I am so lucky and so incredibly thankful that this is the life I lead.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards- Along with the travelling comes the perks of Southwest Rapid Rewards points. I just recently looked online and realized that with the points I have been acquiring, I could go on a trip to Orlando tomorrow and not pay a cent for the flight. By the time I finish this year of travelling I will be an A-List flyer (priority boarding) and will be able to fly to Florida, Vegas, or California for free. After a stressful couple of months I fully intend on using those points for some relaxation and fun!
I have a lot to be happy about right now. Life is good 🙂